- Our focus is providing BUSINESS SOLUTIONS to meet the needs of START-UPS, ENTREPRENEURS AND INVESTORS. As small business owners ourselves, we understand the UNIQUE challenges these businesses face.
- That’s why we have created a series of INNOVATIVE LEGAL SOLUTIONS designed specifically for start-ups and new businesses, as they grow from the start-up stage through growth round financings, to public offerings, business sales, or other exit events.
- We also offer LITIGATION SUPPORT as well as a FAMILY MATTERS set of services designed specifically for small business founders and entrepreneurs.
Browse through our innovative legal solutions and find the one that is right for you and your business.
Bay Street In A Box™ – Incorporation Package
Our Bay Street In A Box – Incorporation Package is an ideal solution for startups and growing businesses as it allows business owners to obtain a full suite of legal documents and advisory services required to develop their business, in short order, for a fixed fee.
Our Virtual In-House Counsel™ subscription service is ideal for established and growing businesses.
These businesses have:
- evolving business law needs– for contract review, for corporate services, for securities law, tax or employment advice;
- their needs change from month to month; and
- they need a legal partner who understands their business, and can meet these needs fast and inexpensively.
For a monthly fixed fee, clients receive on demand access to our entire team of lawyers who can advise them on the day to day legal issues as they come up.
Our litigation practice focuses on representation of our corporate, commercial, business and individual clients. Our litigators regularly appear at all levels of court in Ontario including provincial and federal courts and before a range of administrative tribunals and arbitration panels.
Our priority is to deal with our clients’ matters in a strategic, cost efficient and creative way, using the most practical means of dispute resolution (including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration).
Our collaborative approach means that our litigators work in tandem with lawyers in other areas of the firm’s practice, drawing on the experience of our entire team of lawyers, as necessary, to address our client’s needs. We have experience representing clients across a breadth of matters, including:
- Government and administrative tribunal proceedings
- Collections and enforcement of judgments
- Libel, Slander and Defamation matters
- Commercial landlord and tenant matters
- Shareholder and oppression remedies
- Insurance and negligence claims
- IIROC compliance and dispute claims
- Professional discipline matters
- Insolvencies and receiverships
- Intellectual property litigation
- Injunction applications
- Construction and builders lien disputes
For more information about our civil litigation practice contact Meaghan Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE to review our legal team, browse our lawyers profiles and contact us.
Practical and affordable solutions to family law issues for founders and entrepreneurs, from prenuptial agreements to divorce proceedings, through to wills & estates and succession planning. We are here to help.
We provide clients with creative and cost effective solutions:
- our Flat Fee Divorce Package offers a simplified and expedited separation and divorce process;
We will ensure the most successful outcome possible using negotiation, mediation, arbitration and when necessary, court.
Learn More about the Different Resolution Strategies...
We employ a variety of resolution strategies to move your matter towards a timely and satisfactory resolution, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and when necessary, court. Based on the facts of your case, we will recommend which of the following strategies will meet your objectives. Here we explain what is involved in each of these strategies.
Negotiation. The first step in most family law matters is for the lawyers representing each side to negotiate, typically through exchange of written correspondence, telephone calls and or face to face meetings, where both clients are present. Negotiation is often the most efficient and cost effective way of achieving a settlement.
Mediation. Mediation is a process of resolving disputes that involves retaining a third party mediator (typically a senior family law lawyer) who will attempt to achieve a settlement between the parties by helping resolve their differences through bargaining. Clients may choose to attend the mediation with or without lawyers present. Should you elect not have a lawyer present for the mediation, we will be involved in drafting and reviewing the separation agreement and providing advice throughout the process. Most clients, however, prefer to have their lawyers attend the mediation process to provide real time advice.
Arbitration. Arbitration is tool whereby parties who are unable to reach a resolution via mediation but wish to (or are required to) forego a court process, select a third party to adjudicate the dispute(s). In some cases, clients may elect to proceed via a process called ‘mediation/arbitration’, which means that if the dispute cannot be settled through mediation, the parties will proceed automatically to arbitration and the decision of the arbitrator is binding. We will review with you thoroughly the advantages and disadvantages of proceeding via this route.
Court. In some cases, the courts may be the only or best way to resolve a family law dispute. Court is usually regarded as an option of last resort. It is also a very costly proposition. That said, where court action is required, we will advocate forcefully on your behalf and guide you through the court process.
Ready to take the next step? Contact us to learn more about how we can help you.
What to Expect when you Contact Us
Confronting legal issues within a family is an emotional process and can be daunting. We understand that contacting a lawyer to discuss these deeply personal matters can be intimidating. We want to make the process as smooth and understandable as possible.
Your first step is to get in touch with us, whether by email, by phone, video conference or by live web chat – whatever mode of communication is most comfortable for you. We will listen to the details of your experience and set up a time for you to meet with a member of our family law team. Your initial consultation will be free of charge.
- Initial Meeting
- At your initial meeting, we will discuss the different types resolution methods typically used in family law disputes. Based on the facts of your case, we will recommend a course of action that will best serve your family’s needs, be it mediation/arbitration, collaboration, negotiation or, where necessary, litigation in the court system. We will want you to meet all the members of our family law team who will be involved in your file to ensure you are comfortable. The fee for the initial meeting is a flat fee of $150.
- Retaining Us
- You may want to meet with other law firms before making the important decision as to who will represent you. We understand. When you are ready and wish to move forward, we will formalize our retainer agreement with you. You will be asked to sign our Engagement Letter outlining the scope of services, fees and overall terms and conditions of our services. You will also be asked to provide a financial retainer.
- Once we begin working together, we will engage with you at every step of the process. We will be in regular communication with you – through whatever means suit you (in person meetings, phone calls, email, video conference) – to get your input and approval as we move towards resolution.
- We pride ourselves on being cost effective and strategic in our approach. That’s why we are proud to offer our Flat Fee Divorce Package. For clients whose separation presents relatively few legal issues, such as an uncomplicated asset picture or where a separation agreement has been agreed to in principle, we will be able to provide our Flat Fee Divorce Package. We offer this service to our clients as a way of providing peace of mind and certainty in what can otherwise be an uncertain time in their lives. Clients will have the certainty of knowing exactly what their legal costs will be, rather than being billed in monthly increments of potentially unpredictable amounts.
- In more complex cases, we will tell you exactly what the hourly billable rate will be at the outset of our relationship and you will receive written monthly invoices for work completed, along with a detailed explanation of all time expended, and the relevant rates. We will always tell you if your retainer has been used up and and we will work with you during the month to give you a “head’s up” about the unbilled work on your matter.
- We know that you want to move on with your life. We will make every effort to resolve your legal issues as efficiently as possible. In most cases, we are able to resolve cases within one year.